…young men set their pocket watches to pin-up time. Witness this lad trying to get the minute hand just right. Men who did not hang pin-ups in their rooms usually found themselves tardy to important appointments. Even on Saturdays.
Pin-up time has gone the way of the dinosaur, but a new time has risen in popularity.
And according to my watch, that’s pretty soon.
before Barnes & Noble and the now-defunct Borders
there were libraries
and corner bookstores
and meg ryan did not work in them but that was okay
there was no coffee, no chai, no biscotti
but boys and girls could meet there and look at each other when they spoke
and touch globes and point to countries they would visit
and grab a paperback and get lost in it so that they forgot all sense of time.
These are my guesses:
- He’s taking extreme measures not to be perceived as “getting fresh.”
- Margie recently had lap band surgery and lost half her weight, and old habits die hard, on his part.
- Margie contracted Hep C by sharing a needle with Tommy Lee, and might be contagious.
- There is an invisible parrot named Rio on her shoulder.
- He was the very first tree-hugger, and his arms froze that way.
Do you have the answer? Can you tell me why the leaping Wolfman has one black hand?