I have been officially blogging for two months now, and only wish I had started earlier. What an intelligent, creative group of bloggers we have in WordPress! And what an insane world we live in, where we can post our thoughts and share them across the globe in a matter of seconds.
Now for the good news! I was among the nominees chosen by crankycaregiver at http://crankycaregiver.wordpress.com for The Liebster Blog Award . It is given to up-and- coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I qualify! So, first and foremost, I give thanks to cranky in the words of the immortal Wayne Newton.
She is a grandma, so she should appreciate full-on grandma roses and butterflies. All we need now is a Thomas Kinkade painting.
Moving forward: “Liebster” is German for “favorite,” “dearest,” or “beloved.” This award encourages newbies, who can, in turn, welcome fellow newcomers by passing on this award. (You will not get penalized if you decide not to pass it on.)
Now, of course, there are rules to passing on the baton, so if you choose to accept this mission and pay it forward, here are the rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog (I have provided choices in many united colors of Benetton).
4. List 11 Random Facts about yourself.
5. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
6. Nominate 5 blogs that you enjoy to receive the award and who have less than 200 followers.
7. List 11 questions for your nominees.
8. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.
Wow. I just had a birthday, but I think I’ll have another by the time I wrap this up.
Step 4 – 11 Random Facts About Kerbey:
- I love Coke, even though it’s bad for me.
- I sing in my church’s band.
- Kerbey was actually the name of my blue heeler, who has since passed. R.I.P., Kerbey.
- I enjoy it when music is playing in department stores because it makes me happy while I shop, so I cannot tolerate the cemetery ambience of Target any more.
- A week in my life has not passed in which I have not consumed chips and salsa.
- I don’t care for loud bass, especially in a car parked anywhere near my home.
- My head is full of 80s song lyrics.
- If you are waiting on me, I will give you a hefty tip if you can simply KEEP MY ICED TEA GLASS FULL.
- It is likely that I will live and die in Texas.
- I always bring wine to the party.
- I very rarely laugh out loud. I would like to, but it rarely happens.
Step Five – Answer 11 Questions from the person who nominated you.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, which storyteller would you like to be on your island? Jan Karon, because I like happy shiney stories with little darkness. I don’t need sci-fi, horror, nightmares, or murder. EVER.
- Why did you choose WordPress? My husband told me to.
- Do your family and friends support your passion for your blog? My family is quite supportive. Many of my friends are too busy with young children to read their mail, much less blogs.
- How often do you post on your blog? Usually daily. I currently am blessed to have the time to do that.
- Have you met any of your fellow WordPress Bloggers? In person? No.
- What is your favorite hobby? WRITING, followed by eating and drinking.
- Where do you look for inspiration for your works? Life, TV, magazines, nights of insomnia, nights in white satin (oh, scratch that) …
- Would you rather read or write? Writing with my Ink Joy pen makes my wrist hurt, so typing is ideal there, although staring at a screen is bad on your eyes. So is reading if you can’t read with your left eye, because it degenerates in proportion with advancing coothood. So it’s a draw.
- Who’s your favorite relative and why? It’s a tie between my husband (who cooks my meals) and son (who has my cowlicks). I also have so many great writers in my family, who have paved the way.
- When you go to the Reader, do you read the blogs you follow first and then browse through the topics to find more? Back and forth. I’m usually in the mood for humor and spend hours just scrolling for something to make me laugh.
- How did you hear about WordPress? The hub.
Step 6 – Nominate 5 Blogs you enjoy
The nominees for best supporting blogger in a dramatic role in a foreign film or documentary (just kidding) are as follows:
Annum Zhara- http://annumzhara.wordpress.com/ (I like GOOD pictures of food and words about food and eating food.)
Mr. Jackson – http://niallcjackson.wordpress.com/ (i love the cool picture from Havana that looked more like a skit from The Carol Burnett Show than real life)
Ben Ricard – http://http://benricard.org (neat photos, and we have to support ex-pats)
Michael – http://http://midnightpizzaproductions.wordpress.com (because everyone likes pizza–probably even communists–and i still use my VCR–and he is funny, even though he has a penchant for ginormous paragraphs)
Nancy – http://http://ourvintagelife.com/ (because her post made me cry when i didn’t want to)
Step 7 – My 11 Questions for My 5 Nominees
- How often do you blog and why?
- How do you like your eggs? If you don’t eat eggs, what is wrong with you?
- Did your parents take enough pictures of your childhood?
- Who was one of the first authors to impact your young life?
- Do you own a Kindle or do you read books made of paper, as is the natural order of things?
- How do you feel about magazines?
- You’ve just adopted a happy golden retriever and an arrogant, Siamese cat from the animal shelter. What do you name them?
- Can you drive a stick shift?
- If you become an award-winning writer and go on The Tonight Show to pimp your book, and companies start hounding you to endorse their product, which product would you choose to endorse? (I have already disclosed that I would endorse Ross Dress for Less, pieces of gum stuck on dressing room stall doors notwithstanding.)
- Does it bother you that Bart Simpson is voiced by a woman and Miss Piggy is voiced by a man?
- Should men moisturize, and have you ever met one that has?
Whew, I need a cig! Wait, I don’t smoke! That took a fortnight. Good luck to you nominees just getting through this post. The fact that we woke up with air in our lungs today is enough to be thankful for, but I also feel blessed to be a member of the WordPress community, along with all of you!